[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Wed Oct 16 22:07:28 CEST 2019

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:24:55 -0500
Brent Busby <brent at keycorner.org> wrote:

> This is just to get drum tracks recorded.  No realtime processing or
> plugins during recording will be needed.

Yes but you'll get the audio tracks with a different offset/delay due
to the input latency being different, so ideally you'd want to know how
much and then compensate for that later in the mix.

On the other hand, this IMO is a worthwhile exercise also when all
tracks have been recorded with the same input latency as moving them
around can work wonders by aligning phase in the different mics.

> Record into the analog ins of the Babyface, and route it to the
> digital ports?  I presume I'd be doing this through Jack, since there
> sadly isn't anything like hdspmixer for USB devices like the Babyface
> to let you control routing in hardware right on the device.

Yes you're probably right about this.  I can't remember anyway to set
up the routing in class compliant mode.

> (Sometimes eight channels just isn't enough...)  :(

12 or so is nice for a drum set, 8 kind of minimal.

--

   Joakim