[LAU] what is a good linux distro that supports Ardour?

al3xu5 / dotcommon dotcommon at autistici.org
Thu Oct 17 12:21:28 CEST 2019

Il giorno mercoledì 16/10/2019 13:40:04 -0700
jim <jim at well.com> ha scritto:

>      My current system is pretty old. It's running
> on a five-year old desktop Zareason computer.
>      I'll replace the hard drive and want to install
> a new distro. What's your recommendation?
> with thanks,
> jim

My DAW has Devuan 2 (https://devuan.org/) 64bit with a real-time kernel and
real-time audio optimization, and it works really fine.

If you need stability, real-time audio, strong user control over the system, I
I strongly recommend you to avoid any ubuntu-based and/or systemd-based
and/or gnome|kde-distro.

I suggest Devuan or a Devuan 64bit based distro, with a light DE (openbox etc.).

Regards

--
al3xu5

Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.
Public GPG/PGP key block
ID:           4096 bit RSA key 69C5977BF94CFE23
Fingerprint:  59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23