[LAU] Xrun solved thanks to liquorix kernel

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 22:18:25 CEST 2019

AFAIU it is a kernel with specific patches, fine-tuning and settings. The
website and their forum has also the technical explanation of what/how they
improve over the stock kernel.

Also, found out about XanMod, another alternative kernel for ultra-low
latency application.th

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 7:51 PM Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wonder what was different about it.
>
> Louigi Verona
> https://louigiverona.com/
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 6:55 PM Banibrata Dutta <banibrata.dutta at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Had been struggling with getting rid of Xruns based on various
>> recommendations like switching to low-latency kernel, turning off WiFi,
>> changing audio interface to other USB ports etc. This is a i5-8400 + 16GB
>> DDR4 + SSD based system running Lubuntu, and with 128*2 buffer-settings.
>> Xruns were seen with almost no non Jack applications running, barring say
>> htop.
>>
>> However tried the Liquorix kernel based on someone's advise on a similar
>> topic, and it seems to have completely solved the issue of Xruns. Now I
>> have perfectly glitchfree recordings, several other applications (some
>> quite heavy) running. Thought, I'd share with the community here.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> BD

regards,
Banibrata