[LAU] Flat symbol on Android tablet (off topic?)

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Sat Oct 19 16:30:21 CEST 2019

I've just come across an oddity - slightly off topic, but I don't know where
else I could take it.

I've been cooking a method for producing chord sheets, I wanted to be
able to
re-print them with transpositions for when the ladies complain a song
goes too
high for them!

It all worked fine, generating HTML which displays fine on Firefox on my
laptop
and when printed on paper. In the interests of saving trees, I decided
to use my
Android tablet instead of paper. All fine except the flat symbol comes
out in the
wrong colour. I print the lyrics in black, but the chords in read. The
flat symbol
should therefore come out in red, and indeed, on firefox it does, but on
my tablet,
using Chrome it comes out in black, it's clearly a different shape to
that in
firefox, being more pointy at the bottom, and there extraneous spaces on
both
sides of it. The color is achieved by grouping the chords inside <span
..> tags
with varying ids to get differing color, weight and sizes. There's
nothing in
the html output between the key letter and the ♭ string, and in any
case it
works fine in firefox.

I guess I could install firefox on my tablet, but I prefer not to mess
too much
with that. I just thought I'd mention it here to see if anyone else has
come across
this.

Bill