[LAU] Adjusting velocity curve for individual MIDI keys?

S. sb56637 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 18:24:27 CEST 2019

Thanks a lot! I actually found an RPM package for openSUSE of midifilter.lv2,
the trick was to search for "x42", since that is the project name of the
whole set of filters/plugins.

So I'm having trouble visualizing the setup in Carla to modify specific
keys. Let's say that I want to reduce the velocity of only Bb1 (MIDI note
number 34) and F#2 (MIDI note number 42). The KeySplit filter seems to be
for assigning them to different channels, which doesn't sound like what I
need. The KeyRange filter says that "This filter allows to define a range of
allowed midi notes. ", which I understand would work for combining with the
VelocityScale filter to reduce those velocities. But how do I make it not
drop the other "normal" notes whose velocities do not need to be modified?

Also, it appears that the VelocityScale only allows tweaking the min and max
volumes, and not a more complex curve, correct?

Thanks again for walking me through this!

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html