[LAU] Adjusting velocity curve for individual MIDI keys?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Sun Sep 8 20:54:12 CEST 2019

Am 08.09.19 um 18:24 schrieb S.:
> The KeyRange filter says that "This filter allows to define a range of
> allowed midi notes. ", which I understand would work for combining with the
> VelocityScale filter to reduce those velocities. But how do I make it not
> drop the other "normal" notes whose velocities do not need to be modified?

You normally would need two KeyRange filters, one with the "Operation
Mode" parameter set to "Incluce range", the other to "Exclude range".
Route the output of the first to a VelocityAdjust filter and then to
your softsynth and the output of the second one directly to your softsynth.

*However*, my tests just now seem to indicate that the "Operation Mode"
paramter does not works as it should, the "Exclude Range" setting has
the same effect as the "Include Range" setting.

In the light of this buggy behaviour I would suggest investigating
mididings instead.

Chris