[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 151, Issue 18

Scott scott.a.mayo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 14:09:46 CEST 2019

On 9/26/19 6:00 AM, linux-audio-user-request at lists.linuxaudio.org wrote:
> Are you sure you have the right card selected if you want the HDMI
> output? My machine shows 'Intel PCM' and 'Intel HDMI' separately.
> In Alsamixer, select soundcard with F6

Alsamixer shows three options (plus the "enter device name" pick). Two
are USB devices and the third is "HDA Intel PCH". I'd been assuming that
was the HDMI, but maybe not? Maybe the HDMI is simply unrecognized? I'm
hoping the welter of information I posted earlier can reveal that (to
people who know something about this.)

Note that I do get video out of the HDMI port without issue; it's not
that the hardware is off.