[LAU] Best collaboration software...

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Fri Apr 3 11:38:02 CEST 2020

On 03.04.20 10:27, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> On 4/3/20 9:43 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
>> I'm sure there are many other workflows and related
>> platforms/software... :-)
>
> On GNU/Linux is it worth to mention that the Non-Session-Manager [1]
> saves all your settings in one folder, which makes it more easy to share
> session between Linuxmusicians, might help when you use the same
> software (Kxstudio for instance).
>
> Netjack [2] comes to mind. Ardour [3] is crossplatform.

last week we successfully tried zita-njbridge to get a high quality
audio link between Norway and Germany. No audible dropouts, however, the
round trip latency without the sound cards 72 ms (measured with jdelay),
which was too much for a satisfactory jam session. We used the default
settings of zita-njbridge, no buffer tweaking, 24 bits/sample, 2
channels. On both ends we have a rather good internet connection.

For camera streaming we used a self-hosted jitsi server.

-- Giso