[LAU] Service/user not using PulseAudio

Iain Mott mott at escuta.org
Thu Apr 9 02:04:22 CEST 2020

Len Ovens wrote:

> Less simple: use networking. both pulse and jack are able to stream
> audio over the network (local host is fine) so run two instances of
> either jack or pulse and use networking to join them. I do not know
> pulse well enough to give any hints what so ever on network streaming.
> Jack would be easier. Just use netjack or zita-njbridge.

And this is looking like a great solution. Using cat and netcat, I
changed the system call by Asterisk to:

System(cat /home/iain/sounds/chamada8.wav | nc 127.0.0.1 9876)

And it's picked up by the user iain listening on port 9876 with a script:

#!/bin/bash

trap "exit" INT
while :
do
     nc -l 9876 | aplay -
     sleep 0.2
done

exit 0

Need to test it more but it seems to be working well. Thanks again!

Iain