[LAU] My isp and lau are... not friends

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Apr 10 17:54:19 CEST 2020

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Grrrr....
>
> I'm having trouble with lau and the mail from my isp, lot's of messages
> doesn't get through, now I've had it and want to fix this!

sounds painful

> What mail do you use with lau, how do you access it (mail client/web), are
> all messages (even you own) coming through?

I use my ISP for all outgoing mail. Incoming mail goes through arbour
domains to my on site router. I access my mail using Alpine (for this
message), roundcube (web client) or squirrelmail (another webclient). I
have next to no filtering set up. The router/server is an old P4 (it has
historically been the oldest working system in the house) but will soon be
atom based so it can move to a 64bit OS as 32bit support is going away :P

My ISP has been OK with me doing my own routing and so I have not had to
worry about punching holes through their router's firewall. All they
really care about is that I only use one IP :)

The squirrelmail I am using is master not the last release becasue I was
having trouble with release. And is why I started running roundcube which
seems to have a more active dev team. This provides my family with a
secure untracked email that we also use for remote file transfer and that
has no ads. (SSL provded by lets encrypte)

I use Alpine, Irssi and Screen (all text based) so I can use the same
session over more more than one machine.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net