[LAU] LV2 question

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat Apr 11 22:33:09 CEST 2020

There is something odd about the way locations are handled in LV2. It shouldn't
matter which lib location is used, but it seems it does with some hosts.

I've got into the habit of putting symlinks all over the place to resolve
this :(

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 16:17:03 -0400
Tim <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:

>Hi. I've been getting errors with this plugin for some time now.
>
>lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file
>`file:///usr/lib64/lv2/gx_colwah.lv2/manifest.ttl'
>
>error: failed to open file /usr/lib64/lv2/gx_wah.lv2/gx_colwah.ttl (No
>such file or directory)
>
>It looks like an oversight bug, missing the manifest.
>See if the author chimes in here...
>
>Tim.
>
>On 4/11/20 11:58 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:
>> Hey hey,
>> I ran into some trouble with LV2 plugins and Ecasound, which uses
>> liblilv. This was exemplified - in my case - with gx_colwah (from the
>> guitarix suite). Ecasound tried to load the file manifest.ttl.
>>
>> I noticed that gx_colwah.lv2 didn't contain a manifest.ttl, but a
>> gx_colwah.ttl .
>>
>> Would the two fulfill the same function? Is it a more recent part of the
>> standard to allow/force a file like plugin_name.ttl instead of
>> manifest.ttl.
>>
>> Could all this be an issue within liblilv (0.,24.6 installed here) or
>> would it be the host application. i.e. Ecasound which enforces that
>> behaviour?
>>
>> Apologies for the probably overcomplicated questions, but my
>> understanding of the LV2 format is uite limited.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette

Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk