[LAU] LV2 question

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sat Apr 11 23:03:05 CEST 2020

On 4/11/20 4:33 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> There is something odd about the way locations are handled in LV2. It shouldn't
> matter which lib location is used, but it seems it does with some hosts.
>
> I've got into the habit of putting symlinks all over the place to resolve
> this :(
>
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 16:17:03 -0400
> Tim <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:

Hi Will. It's not a path thing, the plugin is just missing the manifest.

On a coding note, MusE allows the user to choose the LV2 paths,
  but since MusE uses lilv_world_load_all(), the only way to inform
  LV2 of these paths is to somewhat awkwardly set the LV2_PATH
  environment variable before calling lilv_world_load_all().
But hey, it works.

Had we used lower-level calls (walk the tree ourselves etc.)
  we might be able to set the paths with the various lower-level
  LV2 function calls.

Tim.