[LAU] Input to aplay to make a file instead?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Apr 18 14:09:22 CEST 2020

Hi,

maybe I can give you a new view on your problem: If I understand you
right, you want to extract parts of audio files and merge them into a
new file?

Apart from the obvious answer "That is what a DAW does!" [1], maybe
instead of "play parts of files into another file" you can search the
available commands for "extract", "split", "merge" and "append"? Throw
"convert" into the mix…

[1]: Ardour, audacity and others are gui-tools fulfilling this. I also
remember ecasound and nama
(https://freeshell.de/~bolangi/cgi1/nama.cgi/00home.html) to be command
line DAWs.

Maybe that helps?