[LAU] [semi-OT] Writiing manpages (the practical way)

Jacob jacob01 at gmx.net
Wed Apr 22 12:52:42 CEST 2020

On 22.04.20 11:12, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I'd like to write a manpage for a small program that I have and I'd also
> like to practise. So I've been wondering what the real developers use.

I have been using the help2man program in such cases which creates a man
page by running your executable using the --help and --version options
(which should follow the GNU guidelines) and parsing the output. You can
either tweak the output by using command line options or at least use it
as starting point for further modifications.

HTH
Jacob