[LAU] Mixing audio files via command line

Josh Lawrence joshlawrence at fastmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:50:32 CEST 2020

Hello!

I have a bunch of drum samples that I need to mix down.  For example, I have a folder called SNARE.  Inside are 5 audio files of a single hit recorded from all 5 mics on the drum set.  In audacity I would load them all in, select Tracks > Mix > Mix and Render to bring them all to a single mono audio file.

So far so good, except I have a BUNCH of folders to do.  Is there a command line tool that can do this?  I'd like to script this process if possible.  I've run across SoX in my googling, but I wanted to check with you all to see what tools you might recommend.

Thank you,

Josh

Josh Lawrence
joshlawrence at fastmail.com