[LAU] [Music] Garden realities (3d soundscape)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Aug 28 08:41:54 CEST 2020

On 8/26/20 7:54 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Aug 27 2020, david has written:
>> The 3D stuff is impressive - makes me want to hear an Ambisonic
>> version in a good ambi setup.
> Alas, there wouldn't be an easy way to convert such a piece from HRTF to
> ambisonics. :(

Aww, bummer.

>> Maybe just my ears, but many of the sounds sounded unnaturally
>> shrill. Particularly when they move rapidly. Artifact from processing
>> or something?
> There is some shrill sound, because of effects processing of some tracks
> (mostly pitching and stretching of some kind). One or two of the
> recordings had also needed heavy denoising. If you are really curious, I
> think I can sort out the original field recordings.
That may be what my 65-year-old-ears were picking up. Not really
curious, it was the only thing about the sounds that seemed out of place
to me.

> Many many thanks for your feedback!

And thank you for your sounds and presence on the list!

>> Now someone needs to match it up with a moving video!
We're watching a Rick Steve's Europe episode about Wales. It has some
lovely sequences of flowing rivers. Too short for your piece,
unfortunately, and definitely not F/OSS or CC.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."