[LAU] linux sound frontend (?) combining pulse and jack?

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 22:24:49 CET 2020

On 22/12/20 7:39 am, soffioalcuore at posteo.net wrote:
> thanks Goran and Will, that's it!
> also thanks David, but I don't have problems with jack and pulse, I
> was just curious about pipewire's state and progress.
>
> is anybody of you dear list members using pipewire already or has made
> any experience with it?

There's a topic at Linux Musicians forum asking for testers. IIRC
several people have tried it with some degree of success and posted but
no-one has adopted it for everyday use yet. Pipewire is still in alpha
stage so has some work to go to be safe for production. Apparently they
are pushing for it to be included in the next Fedora release.

I also have JACK and PulseAudio working quite well so won't be an early
adopter, especially with memories of PA being a PITA when it was first
adopted by mainstream distros. PA and its interoperability with JACK
have improved markedly since then.