[LAU] linux sound frontend (?) combining pulse and jack?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Dec 21 20:18:02 CET 2020

"soffioalcuore at posteo.net" <soffioalcuore at posteo.net> writes:

> bonsoir a tous!
>
> was it just a dream of mine or am I right to remember that some months
> ago somebody mentioned here on this list a new frontend (?) for sound
> within linux that will be able to fluently combine different usages
> (professional/recording, browsing etc) of sound. does anyone else
> remember that? I'm pretty sure there was a link provided and the
> related project page (connected to debian??) looked really promising
> and the status of the project was advanced already...
>
> I searched the archives but couldn't find it. I'm grateful for any
> hints. thanks!

Here's what I use for that.  On my system, it is called ~/bin/pulsejack
and it connects a running jackd with pulseaudio when called without
arguments, and it starts a fresh jackd with the given arguments first
when given any arguments.

Not necessarily the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it _is_ a
rather intuitive way to connect the two.