[LAU] Qtractor 0.9.19 from source tarball

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Mon Dec 21 20:51:00 CET 2020

Mint 20 on an intel NUC

I think I must be missing an obvious step here. Following instructions
from the qtractor-manual-and-howtos.pdf section 2.2. Hadn't used
'apt-get build-dep' before, so I tried it:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep qtractor
Reading package lists... Done
E: You must put some 'deb-src' URIs in your sources.list

I usually use Synaptic to install dependencies, so I went that way, but:

john at NUC1:~/qtractor-0.9.19/src$ ./configure --help
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

and, sure enough, there is no such file.

Do I need to install 'autoconf' and run that somehow?

Thanks.

--
Pretty good offer at NI currently: 50% off u-he products!
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/u-he-offer-2020/