[LAU] Qtractor 0.9.19 from source tarball

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Dec 22 10:07:16 CET 2020

On 12/21/20 7:51 PM, John Murphy wrote:
> Mint 20 on an intel NUC
>
> I think I must be missing an obvious step here. Following instructions
> from the qtractor-manual-and-howtos.pdf section 2.2. Hadn't used
> 'apt-get build-dep' before, so I tried it:
>
> $ sudo apt-get build-dep qtractor
> Reading package lists... Done
> E: You must put some 'deb-src' URIs in your sources.list
>
> I usually use Synaptic to install dependencies, so I went that way, but:
>
> john at NUC1:~/qtractor-0.9.19/src$ ./configure --help
> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>
> and, sure enough, there is no such file.
>
> Do I need to install 'autoconf' and run that somehow?

yes, you need to install autoconf and a buch of other -dev packages as
well... and the correct source tree is probably
john at NUC1:~/qtractor-0.9.19 (not under src) where you may find a couple
of README files that might interest you first than reading the
(outdated) user manual...

but,IMHO you'll be far better with some pre-built packages from one of
the repositories listed here:
   https://launchpad.net/~rncbc
assuming the "focal" is the one for you:
   sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rncbc/focal
   sudo apt-get update
then you may either use Synaptic or the command line to install the
complete and fully-functional qtractor package:
   sudo apt-get install qtractor

hth.
cheers
--