[LAU] sound with Scarlett 3rd Gen device?

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Thu Jan 30 13:13:06 CET 2020

Dear Iain,

Am 30.01.20 um 10:24 schrieb Iain Mott:
> Dear Linux audio people,
>
> I have a Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen interface which I'm trying to use on a recent Samsung laptop with Ubuntu 19.04.
>
> The 3rd gen devices are apparently shipped in non-functional "MSD" mode,

You might be interested in < https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18862&start=75 >.
The thread is about the 2nd Gen, but there is a comment on how to get the 3rd Gen. out of the "MSD" mode:

    FWIW, the manual says you can take it out of MSD mode without running FC:
    "Initially, when in MSD mode, the interface will function at sample rates up to 48 kHz."
    "In order to force your Scarlett 18i20 out of MSD mode without first registering it,
    hold down the 1-4 48V button while disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable, and
    then continue to hold the button down for a further five seconds."

Good luck,
best regards,
Peter