[LAU] Edirol FA101 on Ubuntu

di.heumo at gmail.com di.heumo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 20:48:57 CEST 2020

Hi there,

I'm new to the list. Composer/musician using Supercollider, I just moved from MacOS to Ubuntu 18.04. I was under the impression that the Edirol FA101 firewire audio interface should be working on Ubuntu, but I find it hard to figure out where to begin. The device is connected with an adapter to a Thunderbolt port on my Dell laptop. cat /proc/asound/cards does not show the device unfortunately.

When I do lspci -tv in terminal, the Thunderbolt port seems to be recognized:
+-1b.0-[02-3a]----00.0-[03-3a]--+-00.0-[04]----00.0  Intel Corporation JHL6340 Thunderbolt 3 NHI (C step) [Alpine Ridge 2C 2016]
           |                               +-01.0-[05-39]--
           |                               \-02.0-[3a]----00.0  Intel Corporation Device 15db

Can anyone point me in some direction for a solution to this?

Thanks!
Robert

★
Robert van Heumen
software developer, composer, sound designer, improvisor
west28.nl[1]

--------
[1] west28.nl