[LAU] EeePC901

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 01:04:45 CEST 2020

On 13/7/20 5:45 am, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a distro that still supports these well.
> I had to d a reinstall a couple of years ago (debian) and although it was
> never exactly quick before, it's been dog slow ever since :(

I have a EeePC900 which ran sidux quite well back in 2008. It now has
AntiX on it which runs fine but the function keys don't work. That could
possibly be due to a cheap ebay replacement keyboard (the original died
completely) or the lack OS support. Years ago Debian had 2 specific
packages, eeepc-acpi-scripts and eee-control which used to enable these
but their most recent versions would not install.

AntiX is pretty lightweight so is well worth trying.