[LAU] EeePC901

Martin Stepanek martin at lo-res.org
Mon Jul 13 08:03:14 CEST 2020

have been installing debian buster on a eeepc1000h after upgrading it
with a ssd a couple of weeks ago. since i wanted to use i3 i quit the
installation process at the point where they give you their options of
window-managers and did the rest by hand. wifi didn-t work out of the
box, but there is a howto for it:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Wifi

sc3 via IDE or emacs starts up fine and makes the obligatory
{SinOsc.ar}.play-"beep" successfully (have-nt done more with it on that
machine though).

tidalcycles needs about 30% cpu-power even when idle, so rather unusable.

since firefox is *very* slow on this machine i use falkon.

thunderbird is also a bit slow, but if you-re patient it-s ok :)

it-s a pity that sc3 doesn-t work without window-manager, as for this
machine running sc3 via emacs from the console would be perfect:

https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues/1736