[LAU] Scarlett 3rd gen glitches (again) + Raspi 4

Iain Mott mott at escuta.org
Sun Jul 19 13:36:08 CEST 2020

Thanks Florian. I tried using the schedtool line that you suggest and
changing the priority value in Jack but the problem continues. I believe
the 3rd generation Scarlett interfaces are a special case with many
Linux users giving up on them entirely. Yesterday evening I found a
thread which reports a solution and a patch for the kernel file
sound/usb/pcm.c. I've not yet managed to apply the patch, for some
reason, but I'll keep trying and report back if i get anywhere. The
patch is attached in the 3rd message on this page (you need to be logged
in to see it): https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21163&start=60

Cheers,

Iain