[LAU] split sound card into multiple cards

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jul 29 19:17:26 CEST 2020

On Wed, July 29, 2020 10:21 am, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> Also, is it possible to switch input ports to be output ports with ALSA
> commands?

I don't know any info regarding your first question of pseudo-devices to
split a multi-channel card into multiple two channel cards, but the
question about inputs to outputs is determined by the hardware
configuration.  I have never seen a card which has a single connector
configurable as input or output.  That could potentially result in a lot
of confusion, doesn't seem advisable to me, so presumably all or almost
all manufacturers feel the same way.

--
Chris Caudle