[LAU] Echo Audiofire12 units available

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:50:44 CEST 2020

Interesting.

My comment about the Apple/Protools was my assumption based on little
research. I avoid Apple products completely now that I'm out of the
corporate world...read completely ignore. So thanks for the info.

But, I use Ubuntu Studio. In 20.04 they have basically dropped support for
things like ffado.

I've gone round and round trying to get the FW cards to work in 18.x and
19.x.

It is hard to find interface boards for FW, let alone the ones with TI
chipsets that work correctly.

So, I've kinda given up trying...especially since I don't really need them
for what I do anymore.

Maybe they work better with alsa. But, last I tried that didn't seem to
play nice and I don't know of a low level control interface (like
ffado-mixer) to configure them.

Admittedly, after fussing with them for a month or so last year, I just
haven't looked at them since.

Mac