[LAU] Echo Audiofire12 units available

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jun 7 16:33:21 CEST 2020

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 6:27 AM Mac <macdroid53 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If this is not allowed, board ops please feel free to remove.
>
> I'm guessing, since firewire support in Linux is moving into the sunset, that this may be of more interest to the Apple/Protools people. But, Linux is my focus, so I figured I'd offer here in case there are still some Linux holdouts. ;)

You have this backwards.

It was Apple that announced no more firewire interfaces on their
hardware. There is no active development of firewire support for macOS
whatsoever. It was Apple that basically shut down any future for
firewire by announcing their complete abandonment of it. Nobody makes
new firewire audio interfaces now, and that's entirely at Apple's
feet.

On Linux, where the support for firewire audio interfaces has been a
bit patchy, things are actually slowly improving, and you will
continue to be able to use firewire audio interfaces  on this platform
for as long as you wish.