[LAU] system configuration

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jun 10 01:12:04 CEST 2020

I think this is a fairly misleading post because nowhere does itt
really make it clear that everything about these results are system
specific.

A line like "his configuration still leaves a bit before it is
comparable to say a similar Macbook running OS X." ...  but you could
try a different system configuration and get better results than macOS
or these results ... and then another and get way, way worse and so
on.

Latency performance is a whole system metric, and it's not fair or
sensible to suggest that anything about your results will have any
bearing on anything except for an absolutely identical system.

I'm not trying to invalidate your results - that would be stupid. I
just think that you're aiming for "the internet to archive it" without
using the appropriate framing of 'your results may vary dramatically".