[LAU] zita-jacktools help needed

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Jun 13 23:55:26 CEST 2020

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 11:00:34PM +0200, vince wrote:

> So I copied libzita-convolver and libzita-jclient from /usr/local/lib64 to
> /usr/lib, but I still get the same error message.

You should definitely not do that.

/usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib64 are for libraries that you compile
locally from source.

/usr/lib and /usr/lib64 are for libraries installed by your distro's
package manager.

Putting anything else there will may confuse the package manager
sooner or later when you do a system update.

The problem is probably that your system is not configured to use
libraries in /usr/local.

To fix this (as root)

1. Move the libraries back to their original locations under /usr/local
2. Using any text editor, Create a file

   local.conf

in the directory

   /etc/ld.so.conf.d

The file should contain these  two lines:

/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib64

3. Run the command ldconfig
4. Reboot

There will be an update of jacktools very soon.
Mostly bugfixes etc. but JackGainctl will change.
The 'rate' parameter in set_gain is no longer supported.
The rate is now fixed to 600 dB/s expect for mute /unmute
which will always take 10 milliseconds.

Ciao,

--
FA