[LAU] Ambisonics microphone for Linux

Thu Jun 25 20:04:14 CEST 2020

On 6/25/20 5:59 AM, Michael Jarosch wrote:

> Am 25.06.20 um 10:25 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:39:18PM +0200, Michael Jarosch wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe Fons' TetraProc can also be used with other microphones?
>> Yes. I've used it with the SPS-200 and the Ambeo.

Hi Fons, is this using your own calibration for both microphones?

> I love the linux way using one (professional grade) tool for different
> hardware!
> The Zoom does make it easy, here. Guess, they calibrate the input gain
> for each mic as the final step before packaging it for shipping.

AFAIK they do not individually calibrate the microphones, I have not
seen any options that suggest they do. I imagine (a guess again) that
they match the capsules before assembling.

I did a couple of recordings and they sound decent (their interpretation
of "flat" is different from mine - it showed some boost in high and low
frequencies). But I have not done yet precise measurements to see how
the polar patterns stack up - it is in my long list of things to do...

-- Fernando