[LAU] Ambisonics microphone for Linux

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Jun 25 20:42:32 CEST 2020

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:04:14AM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Hi Fons, is this using your own calibration for both microphones?

Hi Fernando !

How are things over there ? I've been home-officing [2] for the
last three months, which in practice means I'm more or less doing
whatever I want.

I measured the SPS-200, and two Ambeos [1]. For the Ambeo I also
measured the IRs of their plugin. The two measurements are almost
identical, and they more or less (apart from some gentle EQ) match
the plugins IRs.

[1] One of my Chinese bosses (management type) insisted that we
should investigate the combination of binaural and Ambisonics
by putting an Ambeo close to the left and right ears of a dummy
head. Wasted a lot of time making some recordings that way.
Then asked him how to proceed. No answer. Then Corona arrived.

[2] Every noun can be verbed.

Ciao,

--
FA