[LAU] Ambisonics microphone for Linux

Thu Jun 25 21:21:22 CEST 2020

On 6/25/20 11:42 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:04:14AM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
>> Hi Fons, is this using your own calibration for both microphones?
>
> Hi Fernando !

Hey, good to hear from you...

> How are things over there ? I've been home-officing [2] for the
> last three months, which in practice means I'm more or less doing
> whatever I want.

Same here, home-officing as well, a few short trips to ccrma to pick up
things or first stuff that cannot be done remotely. Not really doing
whatever I want, though (well, a little bit :-). Been working on
(trivial) stuff for our weekly streaming online concerts / jam sessions
(the "Quarantine Sessions", up to #14 this coming Saturday, see ccrma's
web site). Some SuperCollider code to "spatialize", reverberate and
control them remotely and then feed the ambisonics 3rd order mix to a
binaural decoder and mastering processor for the remote audience :-)

> I measured the SPS-200, and two Ambeos [1].

At home?? I imagine this was pre-covid?

> For the Ambeo I also
> measured the IRs of their plugin. The two measurements are almost
> identical, and they more or less (apart from some gentle EQ) match
> the plugins IRs.

Good to know. I have to re-start my measurements (curious about the
Zoom), there is just too much to do. But as I am at home I don't know if
it would be worth it (smaller rooms, so shorter ir's - at ccrma I was
down to only about 200Hz already)

-- Fernando