[LAU] Video card for audio (silent, low latency etc)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Mar 29 17:59:22 CEST 2020

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 3:44 AM Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user at deus.net>
wrote:

> Apologies for this being only tangentially on-topic, but has anyone got a
> recommendation for a decent video card for driving a 4K monitor under
> Linux?

I have 2 video cards installed, both selected on the basis of their passive
cooling. They are both Radeon based

GK208 [GeForce GT 710B]
Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450]

1 of them run two non-4k monitors, the other runs a 4k "TV" screen.

Setting up 3 monitors on Linux is tricky, but the basic set up with just
one of either of them was completely painless and I've been happy with
results both in terms of noise (none!) and performance.