[LAU] Video card for audio (silent, low latency etc)

Ben Bell bjb-linux-audio-user at deus.net
Sun Mar 29 11:43:44 CEST 2020

Apologies for this being only tangentially on-topic, but has anyone got a
recommendation for a decent video card for driving a 4K monitor under
Linux?

The audio connection here is that I'm looking for something that is passively
cooled (or at very quiet if not), performs well, and is low-latency friendly
(so probably not proprietary drivers)? With those requirements I don't
really fancy my chances in the "google, buy and hope" approach.

I've been using cheap nvidias with nouveau for a while but performance of
certain operations (scrolling, dragging/resizing windows) is painfully slow,
particularly since I made the jump to a 4K monitor.

Has anyone got some success stories?

bjb