[LAU] Linux Music

Diego Simak diego.simak at gmail.com
Sat May 2 20:42:22 CEST 2020

El sáb., 2 may. 2020 a las 13:11, rosea.grammostola (<
rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> On 5/1/20 6:39 PM, Diego Simak wrote:
> > New machine, new song, always Linux
> >
> > As always, live song using:
> Interesting modular setup. Would be nice if you could run such setups in
> the non-session-manager if a user likes to work with it.

Hello Rosea!

I've tried NSM in the past, currently I'm using scripts to open seq24,
yoshimi and everything and connect them using aj-snaphot.

> > seq24
> There is a fork sequencer64 (will get NSM support I think)

Yes I know, actually I have Xubuntu 18.04 with KXstudio repos having
seq64... I've tried it but I stick to seq24

> yoshimi
> There is a NSM patch for Yoshimi, ask the developer. Zynaddsubfx has NSM
> support

I prefer Yoshimi over ZynAddSubFx, for several reasons, midi learn
usability, GUI, performance, etc.

> hydrogen
> Hopefully gets NSM support (scheduled for 1.1, hopefully finished earlier)
> > calfplugins
>
> Works in Carla, which has NSM support (hopefully Carla-single will
> follow soon)

Yes, I've tried Carla, it's nice, but I stick to use standalone programs,
open it using scripts, and connect them using aj-snapshot
I know there are a lot of things that I cannot do with scripts (audio file
managment, undos, etc etc) but now I will keep with my current setup.

> > P.S.: No, it's not a Blue Monday remix.
> >
> > https://soundcloud.com/diegosimak/tm-2020-05-01t125331
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Good luck in Berlin (who knows ;) )

Thank you very much for your kinds words and your support!

\r