[LAU] Linux Music

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sat May 2 20:53:32 CEST 2020

On 5/2/20 8:42 PM, Diego Simak wrote:

> I prefer Yoshimi over ZynAddSubFx, for several reasons, midi learn
> usability, GUI, performance, etc.
I thought there where also quite some development in
zynaddsubfx/zynfusion regarding midi learn and stuff.

> Yes, I've tried Carla, it's nice, but I stick to use standalone programs,
Carla single should be able to run a LV2 plugin as JACK standalone
application (more or less I guess, it's still a plugin I would think).
That's why it would be nice if it would support NSM.
> open it using scripts, and connect them using aj-snapshot
> I know there are a lot of things that I cannot do with scripts (audio
> file managment, undos, etc etc) but now I will keep with my current setup.

Non-session-manager with jackpatch (saving your jack connections) and
maybe nsm-proxy if you need it, could be handy to manage such a sessions
of course. But stick to what works for you. Again, good luck and have fun.