[LAU] How to combine microphone audio and music from application to pipe to video conference

Samir spython01 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 05:13:18 CEST 2020

david wrote on 5/16/20 2:07 AM:
> On 5/15/20 7:56 PM, david wrote:

>>> OBS is probably the easiest way. You can add your local video if
>>> needed as well. OBS will work fine with just pulse or jack. I don't
>>> know much about jitsi it self but if it uses pulse as the default
>>> device there should be no problem.
>>
>> I just checked the Jitsi Meet using Chromium (they recommend
>> Chrome/Chromium, apparently Jitsi uses some newer streaming standards
>> that Firefox either doesn't fully support or is just simply too slow).
>> For microphone, it offers my USB headset, USB audio, Builtin and
>> Pulseaudo JACK source. Which I remember I do have Pulseaudio set up
>> here feeding to JACK sink. Output include the preceding plus PA Jack
>> sink.
>>
>> I think that means you could have either your streaming audio going
>> into it, or your microphone, but not both.
>>
> FWIW, I just tried using the PA Jack Source as my "microphone" input.
> Not a sound, even with music playing into it. So, good luck. If you can
> do live streaming on YouTube, I suppose you could live stream your audio
> that way and play the YT URL in Jitsi.

Hi David,

First off, thank you so much for your replies to my post and apologies
for the delay in getting back to you!

I know your tried a few things using Jitsi Meet that don't look like
they will do what I am looking for but out of curiosity, how did you get
all of your audio sources to appear as the "microphone" input?  I'm not
familiar with PulseAudio Jack Source so that may be part of my issue.
For me, when using Jitsi Meet in Chrome, the only audio sources I see
are these:  https://imgur.com/a/wkAS0Al

Thanks again for your time on this.

Samir