[LAU] Sysex with Jack MIDI

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Nov 5 02:20:43 CET 2020

from the jack(1)d man page:

      -M, --midi-bufsize [ event-count ]
              Specify the size of the buffer used for MIDI ports. Units are
"MIDI events per process() cycle", where an event occupies up to 4 bytes
(as most common MIDI events do). The default buffer size is 2048 bytes,
which is
              about 500 MIDI events.  Typical values for event-count will
range from 10 to about 1000. Be aware that using very high values along
with a large number of ports may  cause JACK to fail to start because of
the amount
              of memory that would be required.