[LAU] Affordable well-working USB interface with low latency at 48kHz?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Nov 23 14:55:10 CET 2020

David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> writes:

> Giso Grimm <gg3137 at vegri.net> writes:
>
>> Dear all,

>> I recently measured latencies (analog to analog) for some sound cards,
>> including the Focusrite Scarlett solo 3rd gen (2i2 should be the same):
>>
>> https://github.com/gisogrimm/ovbox/wiki/Soundcards
>>
>> From all the USB sound cards I tested the Focusrite Scarlett was the one
>> with the shortest delay.
>
> Very good to know, thanks!  I'll also take a look at the rest of your
> tests.

Question: is there a reason that you are going with buffer sizes of
3*2^n rather than 2^n?  I've not actually tried what Jamulus does in
that situation (but will do) but it seems a bit strange to me.  Does it
have some inherent advantage?

That being said: I was particularly looking for the Presonus Audiobox
USB these days (since I guess Presonus cards newer than the lacklustre
Firebox are supposed to have good preamps/gains) but with regard to
latency, it doesn't seem like the greatest choice.

--
David Kastrup