[LAU] Noise generation plugin recommendations?

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Tue Sep 8 10:56:26 CEST 2020

[Nikhil Nair]
> I'm looking for Ecasound-compatible plugins (e.g. LADSPA or non-GUI LV2)
> that do various types of noise generation.  I've found ones which generate
> white or pink noise, but I'd like something that goes beyond that: e.g. S&H
> (Sample & Hold) noise with variable parameters, or even other noise-like
> sound effects such as rattling sounds and the like.
>
> Could anyone give me any recommendations, or point me in the right
> direction?  I'm very new to the Linux audio plugins world, so I'm probably
> missing an obvious approach re how to go about looking for such things.

if possible, you're probably better off using a MIDI-controlled sample
player running on a collection of one-shot recorded noise samples.

do you have a collection of such samples available, or perhaps just
one to demonstrate what you are looking for?  after all, "noise" is a
rather broad phenomenon.

tim