[LAU] 3.5mm microphone into audio interface?

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:57:31 CEST 2021

Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 11:24:03AM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
>> I said it was stereo because, when I record with it, the rsulting .wav file
>> is 2-channel.  Then I concluded it was stereo.
>
> Are you telling us that
>
> - you don't even know if your mics ar mono or stereo ?

I'm interested in recording different, say e.g. 4, mono channels.  So it's not
important to me that a certain microphone be stereo, I'm using it as mono
anyway.  So no, I don't exactly know and it does not matter to what I'm looking
for.  The above microphone produces a 2-channel record.

> - you can't hear the difference between a mono or stereo recording ?

I've used that microphone just once to record my voice speaking.  Listening
back to that record, well, no, I couldn't say if it's stereo or mono.

Thanks

Rodolfo