[LAU] Why is Jack so slow?

worik root at worik.org
Fri Aug 6 00:19:57 CEST 2021

On 4/08/21 6:53 pm, worik wrote:
> On 4/08/21 5:16 pm, Paul Davis wrote:
>> THere's nowhere near enough information to comment constructively.
> What I need to know, from someone who has done it, is 200ms in the ball
> park of as fast as Jack can go, or is it worth optimising?
>
> If some one out there has experience using the Jack API, I would love an
> answer to that question.

Answering my own question: It is creating the client that is slow.  I
can get 10ms easily if I keep the client around.

I was trying to use a programme that started, did the mahi, then quit.
A simpler approach, but too simple.  Using a loop works a treat

--
    If not me then who?  If not now then when?  If not here then where?
              So, here I stand, I can do no other