[LAU] music video made with Linux

robertlazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 15:24:25 CEST 2021

This script, by recording LTC into CH1 of three cameras:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p1alqngpo4sK7-ANl6Ldoy_fxfa7bzzw/view?usp=sharing

created this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RpHFATJ2R8

It's an analog workflow - see the video description. My day job is
programming and while some people like me may get computers just for fun -
I need a true escape. I feel analog sequencers are more like an instrument
and somehow makes more sense to me by using control voltage via the
Analogue Solutions Oberkorn and Korg SQ1. I also use analog outboard i.e.
mixers, compressors, filters and eq.

To be clear, this is a personal workflow preference and I am not knocking
anyones elses workflow, soft synths, VST's or plugins - many of which are
excellent. I'm a bit of a snowflake so I hope people take it that way.

I wrote a script because it's less than 1000 lines and I never was able to
gel with open source editing software on Linux that supports timecode - I
only use Linux and open source software. I soon realized that with LTC the
whole thing can be somewhat easily done programmatically.