[LAU] Multi-channel (3 or more) audio playback with alsaplayer

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Tue Dec 14 12:14:46 CET 2021

Dear Kamil,

On 14.12.21 11:43, Kamil Adiloglu wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> I would like to use alsaplayer via jack to play 3-channel audio files.
> These audio files will be routed into a real-time capable signal
> processing platform the open master hearing aid (openMHA). However, I
> cannot route the third channel to jack. I try to start alsaplayer as a
> daemon with the following command
>
> alsaplayer -i daemon -s PHL -o jack -d MHA:in_1,MHA:in_2,MHA:in_3 -F 16000

for this use case I would like to suggest to use a native jack command
line player. There are several options available, e.g., jackplayrec or
tascar_jackio (both published by the same company as openMHA), or
jack-play from jacktools.

Example with tascar_jackio:

tascar_jackio soundfile.wav MHA:in_{1,2,3}

(the {1,2,3} is shell expansion, you might to write it explicitly).

Best regards,

Giso