[LAU] project "droning": 10 years, 300 tracks

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Wed Feb 3 10:41:51 CET 2021

[Hank Stanglow]
> On 2/3/21 12:34 AM, Tim Goetze wrote:
>> [Louigi Verona]
>>>  I have produced hundreds of tunes with Linux Audio
>>> and explored loads of tools during that time, but I couldn't even find an
>>> EQ that would work well for me.
>> surely you have contacted the authors of the software you criticize so
>> publicly and offered your help?
>>
>> tim
> It not like he's not know in the community and among developers. He talked and
> written extensively:
>
> https://youtu.be/LwNXn7OKVzY?t=195
>
> http://www.louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=writings&t=philosophy

thanks Hank,

i have never been contacted by Louigi about my EQ or reverb plugins,
and they have been around for ages (i think they're even included in
standard ubuntu and other distros).

i'm not saying my plugins are perfect (they certainly aren't) or that
Louigi absolutely *has* to use them.

but i do think Louigi's sweeping criticism of *all* of linux audio is
painting with a bit too broad a brush given that from my point of
view, he talks a lot but not to actual developers.