[LAU] project "droning": 10 years, 300 tracks

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:24:19 CET 2021

EQ is not just the DSP. It's all of it - the DSP and the UI.

Take, for instance, ZynEq 10. And let's say that it's DSP is perfect. The
reason why I would consider it to be less usable than the EQ
<https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-learning/fl-studio-online-manual/html/plugins/Fruity%20Parametric%20EQ%202.htm>
I'm using in FL Studio is because ZynEq is really limited: the bands are
fixed, you cannot move them around. The Q setting is global: you cannot
make one band wide and the other narrow. It doesn't allow you to change the
slope type or band type. There's no way to solo a band. There's no way to
store a state and switch between the current state and another one, to hear
the difference.

All of this reduces my accuracy and/or makes the process very difficult and
slow. Regardless of whether I want to cut something out or just apply a
broad fix.

That's what I am talking about when it comes to EQs.

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/