[LAU] Jack 1 vs. 2

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:40:20 CET 2021

I think it depends on preference. Jack2 is multi-threaded, and I've
found that some software work better with it (Radium in particular). I
think if you're unsure, go with Jack2. I'm not really much of user of
Jack1, so maybe other people who are more knowledgeable will have to
correct me, but Jack2 seems to work with less xruns on my machine and
seems more performant on my hardware.

Also, if you don't want to use d-bus with Jack2, you can disable it from
qjackctl's Setup > Misc options.

Brandon Hale