[LAU] Weird behaviour with Calf Fluidsynth

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Sat Feb 6 10:50:33 CET 2021

Hi Robert
On 05/02/2021 17:09, you wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Not really a Calf Fluidsynth user but I tried a few of the things you
> mention. I tried using MusE as host, loading the lv2 version of Calf
> Fluidsynth with a GM soundfont.
> If I create a midi track and click on the pianoroll the synth will
> respond on the channel set up on the track. At least for the first
> three channels.
> Also tried adding program change to switch between presets and it
> seems to behave as expected. But this is with LV2, you mention jack,
> is there a jack version? Have not tried that.
>
> Regards,
> Robert
I raised a query on the Fluidsynth list, and they suggested trying with
the command-line
version of fluidsynth. I tried that and it responded as it should -
which suggests the
problem is in the Calf Gui. I guess I should raise it with the Calf list
(if I can find it.)

I assume that LV2 uses either Alsa or Jack to communicate, but I've not
used LV2 at all.
Certainly Fluidsynth, and hence Calf, is quite happy using Jack. I don't
know about the
other Calf plugins, as I've never used any, other than the synth.

Bill