[LAU] Parorama T6

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat Feb 13 17:42:18 CET 2021

I bought this keyboard controller based on the advert stating it was class
compliant, plug and play, Linux compatible.

However, I found that it starts up with a firmware update message, and apart
from Note On, Note Off, Channel Pressure, none of the controls work, not even
the ones designated for manually setting the others.
On conacting nektar for support, it took over 2 days for them to tell me that I
had to install the firmware.
WTF!
I've never heard of any hardware being effectively dead until you install
firmware. What's more, so much for supporting Linux, the software to install
the firmware is Windows or MacOs - nothing else.

I tried using Wine to get this done, but the software reports that it can't find
the keyboard. This is on Devuan Boewulf, which carries Wine V4.0.
I also tried grabbing a more recent version of Wine from wineHQ, but devuan
refused reporting an uninstallable dependency.

I'm very reluctant to try to install a VM, I'm running out of storage space,
and this is a working machine - I can't risk messing it about too much.

If it weren't for the pandemic lockdown situation I might have been able to go
to a Windows using friend for help, but this is out of the question for the
forseeable future.

Any suggestions?

--
Will J Godfrey